Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Write Up: Give A Bike Night at Blind Lady Alehouse

Well, this is a bit tardy (sorry) but I'm excited to share some photos and thoughts from our recent Give A Bike night hosted by The Blind Lady Alehouse.

As you know, Adam and Christy are riding their bikes across the US to raise funds and awareness for WBR and Achilles International and they're documenting their trip on their blog, facebook, twitter, video AND homepage (which has a really cool map that allows you to see where they are and where this adventurous couple is going).

The folks at Blind Lady kindly reserved a section for us!

Folks waiting to go on the pre-event townie ride.

Adam showing off the Give A Bike jersey.

Adam and Christy in their gear. 

Adam enjoying a "recovery" drink.


I hope everyone had a great time (I know I did) and I want to wish Adam and Christy all the best on their journey as I'll be checking in on them to see how they're doing. I'd also like to thank Jeff and all the folks at The Blind Lady Alehouse for their support of the event and for making it a success. I would also like to mention that 15% of the proceeds from the evening went directly to World Bicycle Relief and Achilles International! That's hugely generous and we all greatly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment